DESIGN / HIGHLIGHTS
More attitude. More heads turning:
Whether you choose the hatch or sedan, you’ll see how seamlessly form and functionality go together. Both vehicles boast impressive interior storage volume in addition to sporty good looks.
Unique Colors - Inside and Out:
The Fiesta offers 10 exterior paint color options, including four new colors for 2016:
• Shadow Black
• Electric Spice
• Kona Blue
• White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat
You also have the choice of four premium paints:*
• Blue Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
• Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
• ST-exclusive Molten Orange Metallic Tri-coat
• White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat
Inside and out, you can personalize your Fiesta.
For instance, the Fiesta SE with Black Pack includes:
• 16-inch 8-spoke black machined wheels
• Black dual power/heated exterior mirrors with integrated blind spot mirrors
• Mid-gray grille crossbars
• Black lower grille
• Fog lamps with Ebony black-painted bezels
The SE Appearance Package includes:
• SYNC® 3 enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio
• Rear spoiler
• 16-inch Sparkle Silver-painted aluminum wheels
• Leather-wrapped shift knob with chrome insert and much more!
Thinking about a Fiesta ST? Amp it up with the ST RECARO® Package, which features:
• RECARO partial leather-trimmed heated front seats
• Heated exterior mirrors
From its grille, headlamps, available fog lamps and trim to its sleek hood with distinctive character lines, the Fiesta features an athletic, sculpted look. Adding to its appeal are all the choices the Fiesta offers. For starters, do you crave a sedan or hatch? Which color do you want it in? You have 10 eye-catching colors to choose from. How about an exterior Fiesta Lower Door Stripe Graphic Package? Available leather-trimmed front seats? For those looking for sporty performance, there’s the Fiesta ST. It features ST-unique wheels and trim and a unique sporty interior, including race-inspired available ST-badged RECARO® seats.
The Fiesta ST features:
• 1.6L EcoBoost® engine that delivers 197 horsepower and 202 lb.-ft. of torque
• Unique sport-tuned suspension
• Torque Vectoring Control with understeer cornering control
• Upgraded chassis and larger four-wheel disc brakes
• 17-inch Rado Gray-painted aluminum wheels with summer performance W-rated tires
• ST-unique black mesh grille with red ST badge
• Black headlamp bezels and fog lamps with carbon black bezels
• ST-unique high-mounted body-color rear spoiler
• Center airfoil and rear diffuser for style and enhanced aerodynamics
• Twin chrome-tipped exhaust
• Front and rear fascia lower extension
• Side rocker molding
• Race-inspired aluminum pedals
• ST logo on front door skid plates
• Available partial leather RECARO® seats
• Complimentary course at the performance-based Octane Academy, where ST owners can learn car control, cornering, braking and vehicle dynamics
A cool car should have cool features, such as the available SYNC® 3 with Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System – it’s our next generation of voice-activated technology. Also available is ambient lighting to match your mood or create a new one. Luxurious heated leather-trimmed seats are available along with available electronic automatic temperature control that lets you set the interior temperature and forget about it. Of course, music is critical. That’s why the available Audio System from Sony® with HD Radio™ Technology and available SiriusXM Satellite Radio are must-haves.
Open the door to Fiesta and take your seat. You’re greeted by refined craftsmanship, an easy to use center console, soft-touch materials and available painted metallic accents. If you like, you can upgrade to Fiesta Titanium with leather-trimmed seats for a total sensory experience.
Available ambient lighting illuminates the interior with color, in both the front and rear footwells. It also lights the cupholders, which makes them easier to locate when you’re driving at night. The driver or front-seat passenger can select from one of seven colors: red, blue, purple, orange, aqua, white or yellow-green. The choice is yours.
Electronic Automatic Temperature Control:
With available electronic automatic temperature control, you just set the temperature you want and enjoy air-conditioned or heated comfort. Standard on Titanium and Fiesta ST, and included in the Comfort Package for Fiesta SE.
The 2016 Ford Fiesta combines efficiency with performance to keep the excitement going when you're behind the wheel. A first for Ford, the three-cylinder 1.0L EcoBoost® engine has an EPA-estimated rating of 43 highway mpg.* The 1.6L Ti-VCT EcoBoost engine in the ST delivers a muscular 197 horsepower with an EPA-estimated rating of 33 highway mpg. But the thrills don't stop there because when you add the eye catching design, advanced communications and entertainment technology, plus the refined interior, you'll see how much Fiesta was built for drivers who expect a lot more of everything from their vehicle.
Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS):
Standard EPAS helps deliver agile maneuverability and responsive handling. It offers pull-drift compensation to help correct for road irregularities and improve overall steering feel, and active nibble control to help smooth out minor tire vibrations. The system continues to “learn” and adapt to steering conditions and gradually compensates for changes that can cause the vehicle to pull left or right.
Torque Vectoring Control:
To enhance road handling while accelerating through a corner, standard Torque Vectoring Control adjusts the speed between the front wheels to improve cornering agility and reduce understeer. When you’re accelerating through a corner, Torque Vectoring Control applies braking to the front inside wheel, so more of the engine torque goes to the outside wheel that has more grip.
AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control (ESC):
Standard AdvanceTrac automatically applies the brakes and modulates engine torque whenever it detects wheelslip. In combination with AdvanceTrac, the standard Anti-Lock Brake System helps maintain braking control under conditions such as ice, gravel or rain, providing confident stopping power.
Fiesta delivers a nimble yet controlled ride, thanks to these standard features:
• Lightweight, compact design perfect for front-wheel-drive configurations, where the engine and transmission are located in the front compartment
• Suspension arms and stabilizer bar are connected to a front crossmember that is hard-mounted to the unibody structure
• Helps isolate the body from the suspension system
• Additional braces from the back of the crossmember to the body are designed to help enhance performance and feel
• Stabilizer bar is designed to help reduce body roll while cornering
• Twist-beam rear axle reduces understeer
Unique Fiesta ST sport-tuned suspension features:
• Modified steering knuckle designed to help increase wheel camber and quicken steering
• Lower center of gravity height and ride height (15mm) vs. the base model helps increase overall response and stability
• ST-unique sport suspension
Safety Cage Reinforced with Boron Steel:
Extensive use of high-strength lightweight boron steel helps protect critical occupant safety zones in the Fiesta.
Seven Standard Airbags:
The Fiesta comes with seven standard airbags. In fact, Fiesta was the first in its class to offer a driver’s knee airbag. This airbag inflates between the driver’s knees and the instrument panel to help provide protection in a crash. The first and second-row seats have side curtain airbag protection. They feature roll-fold technology, which is designed to inflate between the window glass and the passenger’s head. This helps keep the curtain against the glass and offers head protection in side impacts for all outboard seating positions. In fact, when combined with the front-seat side airbags, the side-curtain airbags help provide protection for both head and chest in certain side-impact collisions. Side-curtain airbags will not interfere with a properly installed child-safety seat or booster seat.
The available technology features in Fiesta are incredibly smart, powerful and easy to use. This year we're introducing SYNC® 3 – our next generation of voice-activated technology. There's also SYNC AppLink, which lets you use your voice to control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps63. An available rear view camera10 helps you see what’s behind your vehicle while you’re slowly backing up and the innovative MyKey® is a feature that can help others drive your car more responsibly. And finally, with the hill start assist feature that helps you prevent rollback, Fiesta gives new meaning to user-friendly technology.
Available Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link:
This smart system includes a five-year prepaid SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link trial subscription. Global Positioning System (GPS) technology is combined with 3-D mapping and provides voice-guided turn-by-turn directions. With SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link, you’ll get detailed traffic information, plus current and forecast weather, gas station locations and prices, sports scores and schedules, and movie theater locations with show listings and times.
Available Audio System from Sony® with HD Radio Technology:
If you can’t live without your music, the available Audio System from Sony® with HD Radio Technology is just what the doctor ordered. It delivers 100 watts of sound through eight premium, high-quality speakers made up of four woofers and four tweeters. HD Radio Technology features extra channels in a wide variety of genres located on the FM dial, adjacent to your longtime favorite stations. And every station broadcasts a crystal clear, static-free signal.
Available Rear View Camera:
Get a clear picture of what’s behind your vehicle and see things you might otherwise miss. Shift into Reverse and slowly back up – the available rear view camera automatically transmits the image to the 6.5-inch display screen in the center stack.
The MyKey feature allows a parent to program a restricted driving mode to promote good driving habits.
• The restricted driving mode is activated by using a MyKey to operate the vehicle
• A parent can make all but one of the keys a MyKey via simple setup menus
• The Admin key (non-MyKey) can be used to create a MyKey, program optional MyKey settings and disable the MyKey feature
• When the MyKey feature is enabled, the user can utilize System Check in the message center to see how many MyKeys and Admin keys are programmed to the vehicle, and how many total miles have been driven with the MyKey active
The few minutes it takes to program a MyKey through the vehicle’s message center will give you peace of mind when lending your vehicle to your child or a friend, or when a valet is parking it.
Available Hill Start Assist:
Hill start assist 10, working with the Anti-Lock Brake System, engages automatically. It holds the car stationary for two seconds after the brake is released, giving you time to apply the throttle.