DESIGN / HIGHLIGHTS
Flexible to meet your lifestyle.
Whether you’re transporting cargo, carrying passengers or doing both, the Transit Connect Wagon can handle it. Take your pick of short- or long-wheelbase models. Short-wheelbase models can seat up to five passengers, while the long-wheelbase wagon can accommodate up to seven.
The Transit Connect Wagon can carry up to seven passengers. The third-row seats in the long-wheelbase model can move backward and forward, which is especially helpful if you have passengers with long legs. Second-row fold-flat leather-trimmed bucket seats are standard in the Titanium model and available in the XLT long-wheelbase wagon.
The Transit Connect, especially the short-wheelbase model, is a natural when it comes to maneuvering into small parking spots or navigating around tight spaces. It has a turning diameter of 36.1 feet, while the long-wheelbase model has a turning diameter of 40.0 feet.
The short-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon.
• Features a second row with seats that flip, fold and tumble to provide additional cargo room
• For even more storage room, you can remove one or both second-row seats
• Available in the XLT model
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon.
• Has three rows of seating with room for six or seven passengers
• Available in XL, XLT and Titanium models
Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel Filler
The Easy Fuel capless fuel filler eliminates the need to put the gas cap back on after fueling because there is no cap. After you remove the nozzle from the fuel tank, the seal is shut automatically.
The 2016 Transit Connect has a sleek, stylish appearance. And even when parked, it appears to be in motion.
• XL and XLT wagon models come with standard 16-inch steel wheels and full wheel covers
• The Titanium model features standard 16-inch alloy wheels
• Transit Connect XLT Wagons can be equipped with available 16-inch alloy wheels
• XLT and Titanium models can be equipped with available 17-inch alloy wheels or 17-inch premium alloy wheels
• The height of the load floor behind the front seats is less than two feet
• The maximum cargo height is 42.2 inches for long-wheelbase models, 49.0 inches for short-wheelbase models
• The width between the wheelhouses is 46.9 inches
• The rear cargo-door opening width is 47.0 inches
• With the second-row seats folded, there is 104.0 cu. ft. of storage* in long-wheelbase models, 77.1 cu. ft. of storage in short-wheelbase models
• Choose either liftgate or rear cargo doors
• Dual sliding doors are standard on all models
Available Panoramic Fixed-Glass Vista Roof®
The fixed-glass panoramic Vista Roof acts as a skylight.
• Natural light streams in
• Includes a power shade
• Available on the Transit Connect XLT Wagon and Titanium models
Take your choice of vinyl, cloth or leather-trimmed seating surfaces. For optimal comfort, Titanium has a standard heated six-way power driver’s seat and heated passenger seat. Other Titanium standard amenities include second-row fold-flat bucket seats, SYNC® with MyFord®, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, interior auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear view camera and dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control. In addition, Transit Connect offers a front-row, full-width, overhead storage shelf and front grab handles for easy entry or exit.
The 2016 Transit Connect has the most available seating configurations in its class.
• It offers class-exclusive available seven-passenger seating, optional on Titanium and standard on the long-wheelbase XLT wagon
• The short-wheelbase wagon offers five-passenger seating
• Rear seats in all wagon models fold for storage and convenience
• The front-passenger seat can fold flat when you require an area to put your laptop on or need a writing surface
Cargo and Payload Capabilities
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Van has a cargo capacity of 128.6 cu. ft. (149.0 cu. ft. with the passenger seat folded) and a maximum payload of 1,620 lbs.
Unsurpassed Towing Capacity
Have something you want to tow? Transit Connect has an unsurpassed* towing capacity of 2,000 lbs. when properly equipped.
2.5L Duratec® I-4 Engine
The 2.5L Duratec® I-4 engine delivers 169 horsepower and 171 lb.-ft. of torque and has an EPA-estimated rating of 27 hwy mpg.* It’s coupled to a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission, engineered to handle everyday truck use and to provide the low-end torque needed for towing.
Delivering an impressive performance.
Transit Connect lets you tow and haul with ease. In fact, it has a towing capacity of 2,000 lbs.* An available 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 gas engine** has an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg hwy,† 178 horsepower†† and best-in-class 184 lb.-ft. of torque.
The Transit Connect has an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg hwy* when equipped with the available 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 gas engine.** The standard 2.5L Duratec® I-4 engine has an EPA-estimated rating of 19 city/27 hwy/22 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary.
Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
EPAS uses an electric motor instead of a hydraulic pump. This results in control that can be precisely programmed to enable technologies that help steering control, such as pulldrift compensation and active nibble control. The EPAS electric motor operates only when steering assistance is required. This is a better way of managing energy than traditional hydraulic systems, which run continuously.
Safety Canopy® System
Located in the roof side rail behind the headliner, the side-curtain airbags deploy downward and outward toward the side-window opening to protect the heads of outboard passengers. It’s triggered independently of the driver and front-passenger airbags by side-impact sensors. Roll-fold technology helps the airbag slide between the glass and occupant as the airbag inflates. The Safety Canopy System will not interfere with properly installed child safety seats or booster seats and is designed to stay inflated longer for added protection in a rollover or multiple side impacts.
AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
This electronic stability system provides enhanced control in slick conditions such as snow, rain or even on gravel roads. RSC provides enhanced side-slip control and electronic rollover stability for the vehicle. It utilizes gyroscopic sensors to monitor vehicle roll motion and rate of turning in milliseconds. This helps determine when and how RSC will utilize the brakes to help keep all four wheels of the vehicle firmly planted.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
Available BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert helps make driving more convenient. It uses radar to identify if a vehicle is detected in your blind spot and alerts you with an indicator light in the appropriate exterior mirror. Cross-traffic alert also uses radar to watch for traffic behind you as you’re backing slowly out of a parking spot or driveway. If cross-traffic sensors detect a vehicle approaching from up to 15 yards away, you will be audibly and visually alerted.
Available Rear View Camera
The available rear view camera, included with optional audio systems, provides a video image on the center console screen of the area behind your vehicle. The camera is activated when you shift into Reverse and back up slowly. The screen has guides to help you align your vehicle with a trailer or assist you with backing up in tight places. Standard in the Transit Connect XLT Wagon and Titanium.
An intelligent choice.
New for 2016, Transit Connect can be equipped with available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert that can warn you about vehicles in your blind spot when you are changing lanes. An available rear view camera can help you see objects behind your vehicle when you shift into Reverse. The available Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems audibly alert you to objects located in front of and behind your vehicle.
Available 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 Gas Engine
The available 1.6L EcoBoost I-4 gas engine has an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg hwy, unsurpassed 178 horsepower† and best-in-class 184 lb.-ft. of torque. It is coupled to a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission engineered to handle everyday use with the low-end torque needed for towing.
Available Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems
The available Forward Sensing System warns you about objects in front of the vehicle. The available Reverse Sensing System audibly alerts you to certain objects located directly behind your vehicle when you’re backing up at slow speeds. With both systems, the closer you get to an object, the faster the beeps.
MyKey is designed to encourage good driving habits.
• Limits top speed to 65, 70, 75 or 80 mph
• Selectable speed alert chimes at 45, 55 or 65 mph
• Limits radio volume to 45 percent
• Sets the Belt-Minder® to chime, while muting the audio system, until the safety belt is buckled
• Provides low-fuel warning sooner (75 miles to empty)
• Personalized settings for two keys