DESIGN / HIGHLIGHTS
Transit Connect gives you several passenger seating choices.
• New for 2016, the Second-Row Fold-Flat Bucket Seats are standard on Titanium and available on XLT Wagon long-wheelbase
• It offers class-exclusive* seven-passenger seating, optional in the Titanium wagon and standard in the XLT long-wheelbase wagon
• The short-wheelbase wagon has five-passenger seating
• The rear seats in all wagon models fold for storage and convenience
• The front-passenger seat can fold flat when you require an area to put your laptop on or need a writing surface
The short-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon
• It features a second row with seats that flip, fold and tumble to provide additional cargo room
• For additional storage room, you can remove one or both second-row seats
• Available in XLT model
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon
• It has three rows of seating with room for six or seven passengers
• Available in XL, XLT and Titanium models
The short-wheelbase Transit Connect Van
• 103.9 cu. ft. of storage capacity behind the front seats, 124.3 cu. ft. of storage capacity with the passenger seat folded, payload of 1,470 lbs.
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Van
• 128.6 cu. ft. of storage capacity behind the front seats, 149.0 cu. ft. of storage capacity with the passenger seat folded, payload of 1,620 lbs.
Built to work with you.
To help meet your unique work needs, Transit Connect is available in several configurations. Vans and wagons come in short- and long-wheelbase models with rear liftgate or 180-degree swing-out rear doors. Standard dual sliding side doors in long-wheelbase van models have the largest sliding door openings in their class for easy loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle. And if you’ll be transporting passengers, the Transit Connect Wagon has the most flexible seating in its class.
Unsurpassed Towing and cargo capacity.
The Built Ford Tough Transit Connect is engineered to work hard in a variety of applications. Transit Connect has an unsurpassed towing capacity of 2,000 lbs. The long- wheelbase van model has a maximum payload of 1,620 lbs. and a cargo capacity of 128.6 cu. ft. With all that, you could say the Transit Connect is big on capability.
Standard Dual Sliding Side Doors
The dual sliding doors on the long-wheelbase Transit Connect Van have six inches of additional opening width and more than two inches of additional opening height compared to the doors of its nearest competitor.* Dual sliding side doors help provide easy loading and unloading from the driver or passenger side.
Rear Cargo Door Options
XL and XLT van and wagon models have the option of 180-degree swing-out rear cargo doors or a liftgate. Titanium wagon models have a standard liftgate (cargo doors are not available).
Ideal for Upfitting
Equip the Transit Connect Van with everything from available rooftop ladder racks, literature holders and storage cabinets to dividers, double floors, drawers, cargo management packages and more.
Torque Vectoring Control and Curve Control
To help hold the road better while you’re accelerating through a corner, Torque Vectoring Control adjusts the speed between the front wheels to enhance cornering agility and reduce understeer. It uses the braking system to imitate the effect of a limited-slip differential. In particular, when you’re accelerating through corners, it applies braking to the front inside wheel, so more of the engine torque goes to the outside wheel, which has more grip. Curve Control39 can sense when a vehicle is entering a turn too fast and can apply four- wheel braking to reduce a vehicle’s speed and help you navigate a curve. Curve Control is an enhancement to AdvanceTrac®.
Modern and Functional Interior
The Transit Connect Wagon offers you a choice of vinyl, cloth or leather seating surfaces. For optimal comfort, the Titanium wagon has a standard heated six-way power driver’s seat and heated passenger seat. Other Titanium wagon standard amenities include leather seats, second- and third-row fold-flat seats, SYNC® with MyFord®, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, interior auto-dimming rearview mirror, rear view camera and dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control. In addition, Transit Connect offers a front-row, full-width, overhead storage shelf and front grab handles for easy entry and exit.
Second-Row Fold-Flat Bucket Seats
Second-row passengers can now enjoy the comfort of bucket seats. For additional cargo room on demand, they can fold flat.
• Titanium – standard leather trim
• XLT long-wheelbase wagon - standard cloth or available leather trim
Cargo and Payload Capabilities
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Van has a cargo capacity of 128.6 cu. ft. (149.0 cu. ft. with the passenger seat folded) and a maximum payload of 1,620 lbs.
Unsurpassed Towing Capacity
Have something you want to tow? Transit Connect has an unsurpassed* towing capacity of 2,000 lbs. when properly equipped.
Transit Connect is moving you forward.
The 2016 Transit Connect offers an available 1.6L EcoBoost® I-4 gas engine* with an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg hwy**, unsurpassed 178 horsepower† and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. The 169-horsepower 2.5L Duratec® I-4 engine is standard. Both engines are paired with the six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission. And to help with performance, Transit Connect features standard electric power-assisted steering.
Six-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
The electronic six-speed transmission has wide-ratio gearing for responsive low-end performance. The selectable tow/haul mode improves performance when towing or hauling. It compensates for grade and load and reduces gear hunting, improving power delivery. An available SelectShift feature puts more control in your hands with its two driver-initiated modes: Full Manual mode gives you full control to shift through the gears up and down the gearbox, Progressive Range Select limits the range of gears while in Drive to lock out overdrive for consistent speed over hilly terrain.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert helps drivers feel more confident. It uses radar to identify a vehicle detected in your blind spot and alerts you with an indicator light in the appropriate exterior mirror. Cross-traffic alert also uses radar to watch for traffic behind you as you’re backing slowly out of a parking spot or driveway. If cross-traffic sensors detect a vehicle approaching from up to 15 yards away, you will be audibly and visually alerted.
Available Rear View Camera
The available rear view camera, included with optional audio systems, provides a video image on the center console screen of the area behind your vehicle. The camera is activated when you shift into Reverse. The screen has guides to help you align your vehicle with a trailer or assist you with backing up in tight places. Standard in the Transit Connect XLT and Titanium.
Transit Connect has features that help you work smart.
New for 2016, Transit Connect can be equipped with available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert that can alert you to vehicles in your blind spot when you are changing lanes.10 An available rear view camera can help alert you to objects behind your vehicle when you shift into Reverse. Available Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems provide audible alerts to objects located in front of and behind your vehicle.10 And on those sloppy winter days, the available Quickclear™ electric windshield defroster can help clear your view.
Available Rain-Sensing Front Wipers
Unlike conventional wipers, when activated, the available rain-sensing wipers can detect rain or snow on the windshield and clear it of precipitation with no further action on your part. You can select the sensitivity level. Standard on Titanium.
Available Quickclear Electric Windshield Defroster
With the engine on, press a button to activate available Quickclear™ to rapidly remove ice, snow and mist from the windshield. A mesh of very thin heating elements embedded between two layers of windshield glass heats up, providing rapid defogging/defrosting. Quickclear™ shuts off automatically when the windshield is clear. Includes heated windshield washer jets.
Available Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems
The available Forward Sensing System warns you about objects in front of the vehicle. The available Reverse Sensing System can audibly alert you to certain objects located directly behind your vehicle when you’re backing up at slow speeds. With both systems, the closer you get to an object, the faster the beeps.
Available SYNC® with MyFord® or SYNC with MyFord Touch®
Available voice-activated SYNC with MyFord technology helps you keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
• Make a call with a simple push of a button along with the sound of your voice, and the phone conversation can be heard through your vehicle’s speakers
Automatic phone book download
• Download the names and numbers programmed in your compatible phone automatically
Music search and control
• Say what music you want to hear and listen to it easily with voice-activated search or say “Bluetooth® audio” to stream your favorite content on your phone wirelessly SYNC AppLink™
• Use your voice to control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps while driving
No-extra-charge 911 Assist
• Connect your compatible cell phone to this convenient no-charge feature to help call 911, even if you can’t
Upgrade to SYNC with MyFord Touch for enhanced capabilities:
Color-coded touch screen
• Easily read and control the things you want with a color-coded display including entertainment, phone and optional navigation
Voice-activated radio tuning
• Find the stations you want, including SiriusXM Satellite Radio, with simple voice commands34
Experience voice-activated technology. SYNC. Say the word.
Mobile Business Card
With its modern look, the Transit Connect projects a professional image – one that will speak volumes about your business. Side panels let you proudly display the name of your company with colorful, effective graphics. Choose from templates and graphics that are both professionally designed and installed, or have your own design created.
New Available Second-Row Fold-Flat Bucket Seats
New for 2016, Transit Connect offers second-row fold-flat bucket seats.
• Titanium – standard leather trim
• XLT long-wheelbase wagon – standard cloth or available leather trim
Available Seven-Passenger Seating
The long-wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon can accommodate seven, thanks to its third- row seats. In fact, the 2016 Transit Connect Wagon is the only vehicle in its class* to offer a third row.
The short-wheelbase wagon has a five-passenger seating capacity. The second-row 60/40 seats can flip, fold and tumble (they’re also removable) to provide extra cargo space when needed.
Wide Range of Applications
Whether it’s commercial or municipal use, catering, plumbing or anything in between, Transit Connect can be upfitted to handle a wide range of jobs.
• Cabinets, dividers, drawers and bins are available through our storage management suppliers
• The exterior can be turned into a mobile billboard when your company’s name is displayed using large colorful graphics from Fordcommercialgraphics.com
• Dual sliding doors have six inches of additional opening width and more than two inches of additional opening height compared to the doors of the nearest competitor*
• The rear cargo doors come with a standard 180-degree swing angle